Sunday, December 18, 2011

Details on my first review

It's been a few days since I began this blog and I have finally decided what film to review first.  It took some heavy consideration like "Should I review a movie I've seen already or something I've never seen before?"  Once I had decided to review something I've seen before, I had to now take into consideration "Should I review a favorite, something I thought was ok, or something I thought was dreadful?"  It finally came to me that my first review should be a movie I know really well and something that I would with no doubt enjoy watching again.

This led me with about four possibilities:  The Graduate, 500 Days of Summer, The Breakfast Club, and Pride and Prejudice.
   

           


 

All these movies invoke different feelings in me but which one would be the one to go first on the stand in my first review?  Which one did I want to watch again?  Granted, I will eventually review all these movies but which one will introduce me to the world as a film critic?  Which one was worthy of getting the ball rolling?

On a side note, if someone were to ask me what my favorite film is I would probably chew their head off.  You just don't ask me that kind of question; there are too many excellent films I love and it also depends on what mood I am in.




So to continue...

I took my mood  into consideration and finally made a choice for my first review.  Not sure if I will watch it tonight but definitely tomorrow...sometime...

Drum roll please for my first movie review!

brmmmmmmm...brmmmmmmm...brmmmmmmm














I found this the perfect choice to begin my history of reviews.  First, I know how to look deep and beyond for further analysis having read the book also.  Second, I feel this would definitely be a good example of how The Circumstance portion of my reviews will be written.  Third, I can point out aspects of this movie that you probably haven't noticed before.

My reviews will have four different sections when applicable.

The first section will be The Circumstance.
 -This will describe the circumstances that led me to watch the movie.

The second section will be The Review.
-This will go into the surface review of the movie critiquing actors, directing, screenplay, plot, etc.

The third section will be The Analysis.
-This will go into the deeper themes of the movie as well as character analysis.

The fourth section will be The Rating.
-This will show my rating out of 4 film reel pictures like this:

 


That is at least how most of my reviews will be presented.  Of course the movies I felt were horrible or didn't provide a deeper meaning will not have an analysis.  Also, not all of the movies that I have watched will have an anecdote about how I was persuaded to watch it.  But for the most part, this is what you should expect from my blogs.

Until the release of my first review...

No comments:

Post a Comment